Sunday 10 October 2010

A BIG CHANGE TO MY BLOG FROM TODAY

I have thought long and hard about this, and as from today, the Blog will change from daily, to weekly.

I am in a situation now where very soon, I will have to take about a month off University, though I hope to start studying at home after a short while. But so that I don't have to drop out, I really need to be about a month ahead in my work before I go into hospital. I am well ahead of the game right now, so that's good. Also, over the next few weeks, I have several days away on field trips, sometimes camping out overnight, and doing a Blog then would be difficult.

So what I am planning is this. I will write and post my Blog on Sundays, but if any news comes through mid week regarding my treatment, I will post that as a 'one off' on the day.

I know that this will disappoint some people who have become daily followers, but I am sure you will all understand the changing circumstances right now. It might mean I get a few more phone calls also, because since starting the Blog, many people who were regular callers, don't call anymore, simply because they have a new way of picking up my news. I don't mind that, because at first there was so much information to give out, relaying it individually would have done my head in.

I would like to think that I will hear from Addenbrookes next week, and maybe even be down there for the week after. So when I come out of hospital, and I am recovering at home, it would be nice to have people dropping in, or phoning for a chat. I have a funny feeling that I won't be very mobile in the first couple of weeks!

My vision for the future.......I would like to completely beat this thing, finish my degree, and go on to work in the charity sector, using personal experience and the skills that I have developed in the 'media' field.


The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.  ~Leo Rosten

No comments:

Post a Comment