Wednesday 6 August 2014

We have lost a great man today in Terry Herbert...

It was very, very sad to hear the news today that Terry Herbert had passed away in Australia. He founded YANA after being diagnosed with prostate cancer about 12 years ago. It stood for 'You Are Not Alone', and became a support and awareness group for thousands of men worldwide. When you joined you certainly realised that you were not alone. Although I never met Terry in person, we knew each other very well through our numerous communications. In the early days of my diagnosis he gave me sound advice on winning the mental battle and started me off on the road to helping others. It's hard to believe he's gone, but I'm sure YANA and the memory of Terry Herbert will live on with us all. He was from South Africa originally, and it is from here that I send condolences to his family and friends for their sad loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment