Monday 26 July 2010


This is not bread!!!

Flew overnight from Cyprus, delayed be 2 hours and then drove up from Luton this morning. Had to stop for an hours sleep at a service station; 1 hour in the last 2 days! It was raining today, I held my face to the heavens and let the drops bounce off like little cold diamonds; after being in the high thirties for two weeks water had a new meaning! A stack of mail behind the door but I was delighted that there was still no appointment date for my MRI result. You see, I am reading into this that if they had the meeting on the 15th, and on the 26th they still haven't given me an appointment, then it can't be that bad, can it? :-)

The best thing in the post was my Access Diploma with 10 distinctions and 4 merits, along with a 'congratulations' letter from Elaine Flowers. AND...a letter saying that Frances, our lovely Course Leader, had nominated me for 'Outstanding Achievement'. Well all this made my day, I went straight down to the shop and got a bottle of my favourite red; Chateau neuf du pape! When you get a good day, celebrate it hey?

I've decided that I may have to drop down from the Adventure Media into the less physically demanding, Wildlife Media Degree. Whatever treatment I have, it's going to be a strenuous enough time before I even get to the Uni!

I got a lovely card informing me that my younger daughter Snofia has been named 'Senior Pupil of the Week'. Well done girl and what a fantastic report you got this year too; I am very proud of you.xxx

1 comment: