Monday 7 December 2015

Do you still believe in true love?

Milly's boyfriend proposed to her, in a way that I thought time had forgotten. 
Well done Rob, you stole the show...

"One year ago, I got off the train in Malton to meet my boss’s cousin. I had no idea what to expect. 
From the brief chats we’d had online, I thought she seemed nice, but I didn’t know what would come of it.
I had no idea I would meet my soulmate.
She smiled at me, as I stood there with my phone in my hand, just about to check that she hadn't 
stood me up, I spotted her and my heart stopped. It was that smile - the kind that lights up the whole world. The kind that cuts away all the negativity that creeps its way into the mind - that smile could have knocked me out. I was so blown away by her beauty that I nearly couldn't speak. If I hadn't spent the whole journey there figuring out what to say, I would have been a big mess. She was unbelievably beautiful. She said hello, and I fell in love.
So deeply, so completely, I was hers from the first moment we spent together.
I spent that night getting to know her. Finding out just how amazing she was. Learning about all of the things that I would grow to adore over the coming year. I sat in awe of the woman across the table from me as the minutes raced by in the cruel way that time does when all you want is to stop in that moment and spend an eternity there. I missed the train I had planned to get if the date went wrong. Then I missed the train I had planned to get if everything went ok. Then I missed the train that I had planned to get if things went great. By the time the final train of the night came, I wished I could spend a million more hours with her.
I went for a walk in the forest the next day. I walked the path that I have walked a thousand times. The path that has held many memories, good and bad and unforgettable. I stood in the same spot that I have thought about everything and anything and decided then and there that if I were ever lucky enough to marry that beautiful woman that had turned my life into something magical, then it would be here.
One year on, and I stood there in that very spot, with the same woman beside me. I thought of all the magical memories that she blessed me with in just one short year and I asked her to give me a lifetime more, a
nd she said yes.
I love you Milly Armstrong. More than anything. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. You make me the happiest person alive, and I will spend the rest of my life trying to show you it."

No comments:

Post a Comment