Sunday, 26 September 2010

I have added a few links to the Blog which will hopefully boost the viewing ratings :-) which are still very good. Currently, we get between 50 and 80 hits per day on the site, but it is difficult to know how this is broken down. 70% are from the UK and the other 30% from about 15 other countries, but this varies from week to week. Some people tell me that they view the blog once a week, others are there every day! But I am delighted that there is even 'any' audience looking in, and thank you so much for sticking with me.

It has been a learning process for me, I can do things on here that I didn't know were possible a few months ago. Downloading photos is still a pain but apparantly it is a problem on the site that they are working on. You can sit there for ages and it rejects the same photo 6 times, and then suddenly it will work; same for videos.

The timetable starting Monday has me down for 'Expedition Planning and Skills', then Tuesday we move on to 'Biodiversity'. No doubt a hefty assignment will follow each of those as they fill my rucksack until my knees bend! On Tuesday morning I have asked to sit in with the 2nd year students on 'Creative Writing', as I may take this as an extra module.

This has to be one of the funniest cards ever!!!

Remember this beautiful little guy below, well we have him identified....


Simon says.....It's a Fly Agaric (amanita muscaria) with most of the spots washed off it. One bite will not kill you, but it might make you throw up and hallucinate! Nice. Apparently often confused with Cesears mushroom, which is delicious.

Had a lovely dinner with Ruth and Nick last night, such nice people and very good fun. Nick had Cancer 20 years ago and he's still going strong, so there's encouragement if I ever needed it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. mushroom photo didnt work! :(

    Good idea on the creative writing class - you'll be great at it for sure!! .. dont pile too much extra on your plate though with an extra modules eh old man ;) Love you xxx